Down Under - The Sandbelt and Barnbougle. 5 of the best.
All the courses are currently ranked in the top 10 in Australia.
Melbourne offers a cosmopolitan experience. Melbournians are passionate about sport and have a sophisticated art, theatre and cultural community. Melbourne has an excellent variety of restaurants. Tasmania, Australia's island state is renowned for its untouched wilderness, pristine coastline, cool climate wines and fresh local produce.
Melbourne has the most illustrious and unique selection of golf courses of any city in the world, with an amazing cluster of 3 vintage layouts in its suburban sand-belt, all dating from the 1920's or before, many of which were designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie, arguably the most influential course architect of the twentieth century.
These breathtaking courses are all cut from the same cloth. Their rolling fairways are lined with gum and tea trees; the shaggy overgrown rough areas are comparable to Scottish roughs; the par 3's, when examined as a group, are perhaps the most sensational and distinguished par 3's that can be found anywhere; and the natural-looking 'Melbourne bunkers' are the most beautiful we have ever seen.
US Golf Travel
Guide to the World's Greatest Golf Destinations
Barnbougle Dunes is on the north East coast of Tasmania lies a hidden gem and one of the world's top Links golf courses. Upon 200acres of undulating coastal dunes the creative genius of famed golf architect Tom Doak and Australia's Michael Clayton has been realised. Barnbougle, still only in its youth, continues to gain a reputation as one of the world's top links golf courses. The breathtaking landscape upon which the course has been created mirrors the wild coastal links courses of Scotland and Ireland and as Barnbougle continues to develop with age it looks set to follow in the footsteps of these great courses.
At Barnbougle golf is an experience that strikes all the senses. With the sun on your back, the wind in your hair, the whiff of sea salt and the roar of the ocean you'll be captivated by all that Mother Nature has to offer. The course presents itself in a new dimension each day providing exciting, challenging golf. Relax for a post round beverage in the welcoming atmosphere of the clubhouse and take advantage of the on site accommodation, a chip from the 1st tee - perfect excuse for a weekend away.
- Royal Melbourne
- Kingston Heath
- Barnbougle Dunes
- Barnbougle Lost Farm
- 4 nights twin share at Victoria Golf Club or Crown Towers. One night accommodation Barnbougle Cottages. Transfers: Included.
- Price:(Land only) Price on request
- Flights: For us to obtain the best airfare we need to confirm dates, due to the variable changes on fares.
* all pricing is subject to change and availability.
Day 1 - 4
- Flight: to Melbourne.
- Transfer: Airport to Victoria Golf Club or Crown Towers.
- Accommodation: Victoria Golf Club or Crown Towers.
- Transfers: Daily to golf courses.
- Golf: 3 rounds of golf including 1 round at each of the following: Victoria GC, Royal Melbourne GC and Kingston Heath GC.
- Flight: Melbourne to Barnbougle(Tasmania) Private charter or commercial.
Day 5 & 6
- Accommodation: Barnbougle Cottage
- Golf: 2 rounds of golf including 1 round at each of the following: Barnbougle Dunes and Lost Farm.
- Transfers: Airport-Barnbougle Cottage-Airport.
- Flights: to next destination.
- THE TRAVELLING GOLFER TIPS
- Tour of Great Ocean Road.
- Watch an Australian Rules football match with MCC member.
- Healesville Sanctuary (see and interact with Australian animals).
- Wine tour in Yarra Valley or Mornington Peninsular and play The National (Moonah Ranked 7).
- Explore the Tamar Valley.
- Scenic drive from Barnbougle to Hobart.
- Spend a few days in Hobart.
- Extend your stay ethier before of after and play New South Wales GC (ranked 5)